My main intent for this blog is for those of you that I haven’t kept in close touch with and when I do finally talk to you and you ask the token question, “So what have you been up to?” and to this I respond “Oh, not much.” That’s not true! I really don’t lead a boring life, but when the time comes to tell about all the exciting things that are going on my mind hits a flat line. Thus comes “The Ballad of Kaycee Frederick”. Enjoy!

Monday, September 11, 2006


AWKWARD!


I hate awkward moments. While I hate them, usually they are the funniest moments of my life. I would like share one of the awkward moments of last week…one, I’m sure several of you have had.

Last week I was with my roommate, Courtney, eating at McAlisters. They have the best iced tea ever and apparently just ordering one of their gianormous glasses of tea makes me have to go the bathroom like Whoa! So I get up and go to the bathroom only to find that there is ONE stall and it’s currently in use.

One stall…in a women’s bathroom…who was the idiot that designed this bathroom! So as I was waiting (and doing my “Pee, please don’t come out” dance) I started to scan the room. I observed what one would typically see in a public bathroom: paper towels, sink, urinal, garbage can…wait…rewind (record scratch sound)…URINAL!?

The little people in my brain started working over time applying the same methods I learned in my inductive bible study classes…

OBSERVATION: There is a urinal in this bathroom.

INTERPRETATION: This is NOT the women’s bathroom!

APPLICATION: Get out, Get out, Get out!

Here’s where the awkward moment comes in. You just know that someone watched me go in there and they have been sitting there sipping on their big glass of iced tea just waiting for me to come out in the “walk of shame”.

So I did what any dignified woman who just walked into the men’s bathroom would do…I kept my head down…dodged straight from the men’s bathroom into the women’s bathroom…relieved myself…then walked out confidently, sat down and enjoyed my tea!

So, ladies…next time you’re in McAlister’s and you have too much tea and you need to make a mad dash to the restroom, just remember…veer RIGHT!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer Bacak said...

veer right, veer right...got it. Because this is totally something I would do.
Love the blog, Kaycee.
And we love you, Master Kaycee, the cool girl drummer.
When are you coming over?
jenn

7:56 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Do you not love me enough to CALL ME and tell me these things before I blow it???? I had a rare opportunity today and I took it! Mark called and said, "I really just want to come home." I replied, "I really just want to get away." He came home and let me out! I went to none other than McAllister's! WHEW! I did NOT have to go to the bathroom while I was there! That was a close one, Kaycee. I did walk out of my stall at the movie theater one evening, only to face an older gentleman. Ooops. I had to tell him he was in the wrong room.

8:52 PM

 
Blogger Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

I did the exact same thing. Only I was taking Michael and Alex to the bathroom and Michael says at the top of his lungs "mom, what are you doing"!!! It was very hard to be discreet at that point. All I could do was laugh!!!

8:49 AM

 
Blogger Jon and Sally said...

um. i love it. awkward moments make for hilarious memories.

we could create a whole blog about awkward moments and have everyone post theirs as they'd like. ...i bet i'd have the most!

we'll name it "it could be worse".
or "you'll never guess what happened to me today".

we would laugh a lot.
and cry some too.

-sally

11:33 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too am a victim of bathroom gender confusion as I have shared the 1) walk in the door 2) scan the bathroom 3) record scratch 4) total fear 5) panic 6) walk of shame. I must vent in your blog Kaycee...sorry, but I don't have my own blog yet: The next time I see a “cute” alternative bathroom sign like "pointers" and "setters" on the door there is a high possibility that I may just inadvertently urinate on the door as I try to decide which door to enter. Here’s my case (at the Fox and Hound in College Station): Okay so a fox is a male and a vixen is a female, so when I see "foxes" on the door I don't think "let’s take a moment to analyze the restaurant’s name and then make a decision of where to pee" I think "I've got to pee and this looks like a bathroom" followed by record scratch, panic, etc. However, in some cases I guess big signs reading “MEN” and “WOMEN” still won’t help...sorry Kaycee.

4:34 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home