My main intent for this blog is for those of you that I haven’t kept in close touch with and when I do finally talk to you and you ask the token question, “So what have you been up to?” and to this I respond “Oh, not much.” That’s not true! I really don’t lead a boring life, but when the time comes to tell about all the exciting things that are going on my mind hits a flat line. Thus comes “The Ballad of Kaycee Frederick”. Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Waiting...

Ok...Ok...I'll update my blog

I have to say I'm impressed with all of you who still check it from time to time.

I figure the best place to start is to follow up with my past post. As most of you know I do now have a job. God is faithful...ALWAYS!

The week before spring break I all of a sudden had like 5 interviews which compared to the big 0 that I had before was a lot! Before I left to go on my mission trip I asked God to give me one offer to whatever job he wanted me at. So Monday while I was on the mission trip in the valley, I got a call and I received my one job offer to work at a health club called Aerofit. The sovereignty of God is amazing…had I got a job offer any sooner I seriously doubt I would have been able to go on this trip…really…what kind of a job would give me a weeks worth a vacation right off the bat!?

So I started at Aerofit as a membership consultant the Monday after spring break. As a membership consultant, my job was to sell memberships. Everything about this job seemed great. I’m really interested in health and fitness and it was working with people so all and all I thought good times. More importantly, God gave me one offered like I prayed for.

After a few weeks I began to struggle with some of the “sales tactics” I was advised to do. I began to ask the Lord…”really?”…”this is where you want me?”. Don’t get me wrong…I believe God spoke clearly about me being there. I was never forced to do anything to compromise my integrity, just encouraged. Plus, I was able to minister and reach out to a handful of souls.

But I was just starting to wonder and wouldn’t you know…the doctor who I went on the medical mission trip with asked me to be his new office manager. SWEET! And just so God made sure I heard him clearly…He had the current office manager ask me to consider taking over her job completely separate from Rusty’s (the doctor’s) knowledge. God had clearly laid it on both their hearts and on my heart SO starting Monday I will have this new amazing job!

All that to say that WAITING on the Lord is the most beautiful thing ever! While it might be the hardest thing we humans will ever have to get…it’s the most freeing lesson ever. Waiting on the Lord teaches you so much about our gracious and wonderful God. The favorite thing I learned is that God speaks SO clearly when He wants you to move. The Christian life doesn’t have to be a guessing game like so many of us have made it out to be. If what to do does not seem clear…do nothing but seek Him, wait for Him and hope in Him. He will let you know when you NEED to know.

Here are some Scriptures that God used to speak to me about waiting (seeking and hoping) on Him:

In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. – Psalm 5:3

Wait for the Lord; be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. – Psalm 27:14

Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes. – Psalm 37:7

Wait for the Lord and keep his way. – Psalm 37:24

I wait for you, O Lord; you will answer, O Lord my God. – Psalm 38:15

I wait for the Lord, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope. – Psalm 130:5

Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! – Isaiah 30:18

Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. It is good for a man to bear the yoke while he is young. – Lamentations 3:21-27

But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord, I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me. – Micah 7:7

I will stand at my watch and station myself on the ramparts; I will look to see what he will say to me, and what answer I am to give to this complaint. Then the Lord replied: - Habakkuk 2:1-2

Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength ; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary. – Isaiah 40:31

So here’s the deal…my “waiting” time was not NEARLY as long or as intense as I know of some other believers. I want people to post testimonies about waiting, seeking, and hoping in the Lord. I know there are a lot of ya’ll out there and probably too many stories to count but really…let’s share them and rejoice in our Good and Faithful GOD!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Hendrick Family said...

Are you kidding me?

This is all great stuff, but I was positive that what would replace the ugly bird on this blog would be a cute picture of the ENGAGED couple. What about the engagement? We need a post about that silly goose.

Heather

3:57 PM

 
Blogger Kathryn, Michael and Alex said...

Waiting on the Lord is such a beautiful thing.

In waiting for Will to get saved I learned so much.

I found myself trying to put him places and tell him things while God was saying "I got this" and then I would see that He put Will exactly where he was supposed to be and God was so completely detailed and personable about it.

I never would have put Will with Matt and then in turn meet Greg Frank whose HOPE group Will is now going to go to.

I am thankful God's ways are not my ways!!

I am so happy for your job and what you have learned and uh yeah, could you also put a picture of the engaged couple on here!!!!

8:55 PM

 
Blogger Three Little Monkeys said...

God has this amazing way of knocking your socks off when you just wait on Him! For a year and a half, we were trying to have a baby. I wanted one so bad, I didn't want to wait. But the baby did not come.
I prayed and prayed, but then I would always go back to "I've got to do this." Finally, after over a year of trying to do this on my own, I gave up, gave it to him. If God wanted us to have a baby, then we would when the time was right.
Wouldn't you know, two months after giving this to Him, we were pregnant. And as many of you know, we ended up having two wonderful, beautiful babies! Truly blessed by waiting on God!
Kelly

8:04 AM

 
Blogger 5 Chicks and a Farmer said...

Amen to this sister! I too have a waiting story when it came to bearing children. I sooo badly wanted a baby that I DWELLED on this day and night. It consumed my thoughts, my emotions, everything!

I was finally sick and tierd of dwelling and focusing on myself. I knew that wasn't doing anything to help the situation. It was only making me more and more selfish in the process. I liked how Heather said it on her blog. I was living in 'Meville' pop. 1.

When I finally submitted to Christ, that is when I started seeing things happen. And it was within 2 months of this also, that I was expecting. He was just waiting on me to learn what I needed to learn.

I haven't congratualted you on the engagement yet! I'm soooo happy for you. I know that your marriage will impact many for the greater good.

Blessings,
Lyns

9:56 PM

 
Blogger Karen said...

KAYCEE ... are you forever gone from the blogging world?@?

4:40 PM

 
Blogger Lauren said...

KAYCEE!!!! i think you should update your blog all the time, especially since i am moving to san antonio soon! i will miss you! also, i was very blessed by those verses...God is good! :)

9:46 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home